1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I just use the Garmin training center... I've found it the best software available for analysing the numbers, and if I want to view a detailed map of my route I can export it straight from the software into Google Earth :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I just use the Garmin training center... I've found it the best software available for analysing the numbers, and if I want to view a detailed map of my route I can export it straight from the software into Google Earth :d
I use the Garmin Training Centre too.

I don't use Google Earth, but I load my runs into the Garmin Motion Based website. Along with the maps, you get graphical breakdowns of all your runs. The info is a bit more detailed on there than in Training Centre.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi i use www.mapmyrun.com again uses google earth too plot your route great for off road a feature i really like about the site though is you can also track your footwear and how many miles they have covered!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I've tried the Motionbased website thingy Grant and I just didn't get along with it - having to upload all the runs, then assign them names etc... then you can only keep 10 at a time unless you pay for the full version/sign up, and then if your internet connection is down for any reason you can't access it! Ballache! :rolleyes:

Pedestrian... I often remember my father planning out his runs with an OS map and bit of string - it was obviously the preferred method pre GPS/internet (and even now for some) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts