Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd heard that it had been cancelled

Got cancelled about midday - but they had started out at 8:00am, and then there is the problem of communicating to everyone out on the course.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Got cancelled about midday - but they had started out at 8:00am, and then there is the problem of communicating to everyone out on the course.
I heard comms equipment was banned, but one chap seems to have got some mobile phone footage of it all. He was one who finished among the first (hope he didn't have any sneaky GPS guidance in his device!!!!) :cool:

Hope they all get back down, they are all supposed to be mountaineers and stuff but even so...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I saw a news report this morning and they were speaking to a guy who competed in the event saying - "do you think it was wrong of the organisers to allow the event to go ahead... don't you think they should've been responsible and cancelled it?"

to which the guy responded brilliantly saying something along the lines of "No, not at all, everyone was clearly informed of the conditions that lay ahead, competitors are required to have experience of moutaineering and take part for the challenge that it offers" defending the event and the organisers very well. Great stuff! Makes you realise how badly the media hypes the negative side of things to try and create a massive story.

The competitor also mentioned about the reports of people being lost and hopefully stranded overnight were rubbish since competitors were fully expecting to be out overnight!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good! Some of the things I'm reading about it are making my blood boil. That police chief saying he's 'disappointed' it went ahead. BBC NEWS | England | Cumbria | Police 'warned' of race concerns Disappointed, is he? Well I'm 'disappointed' we have ill-informed spineless clowns in charge of our police force.
Tell you what, let's all just stay at home and become morbidly obese whilst raising a generation that jack in as soon as the going looks like getting a bit tough, ready to sue at the drop of a hat. Would that suit, maybe?

Now look what you've done Richard, you've set me off and my heart rate is pumping faster than a MM competitor going up Great Gable!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts