Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been intrigued by it but never got round to going to a spinning class.

Today that's all going to change... my local sports centre is running free spinning classes all week and I've signed up :confused:

The sports centre is not far from where I live either so I thought I might jog down there...running back might be a problem though!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Trin

I did a spin class once a week last winter/spring. They are great fun and a great CV workout. I started to get a few injuries in the groin/ adductor area which I blamed on spinning, however, I think it was my lack of core strength that was the problem rather than the spinning itself. It can be quite intense so you might want to allow yourself some time to walk home!!

Flakey

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Never done it but have seen a few people stagger back from a lunchtime class - they looked shattered !! - good luck.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Quick. Someone help Trinity out. She has a spinning class to get to.:p

You enjoyed it then! Did they provide the bucket for you to throw up in to or did you take your own?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's ok I'm back....have just finished replenishing my energy with all the food I could find in the cupboards

Actually, it was quite good :)

But me and my bright ideas! I don't live too far from the sports centre, about a mile and half, so I decided that it would be a good idea to run there...you know, warm up the muscles before the class.

It was quite a nice easy little run....mostly downhill.

However one of the points that the instructor made at the beginning of the class was that we're not in competition with anyone, and to take it at our individual pace

But what my brain heard was "blah blah competition blah blah blah" so it got my legs pedallin before I could do anything :confused:

At the end of the class my legs felt like the Scarecrows legs in the Wizard of Oz...but of course I'd already decided to run home...and, being ever so slightly stubborn (sometimes ;) ) run home is what I did... mostly uphill!

I've booked into another spinning class on Wednesday :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
this is so weird talking about spinning all of sudden I was talking about it at the weekend, spooky :eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Spinning is fantastic. When I was concentrating on cycling (before triathlon) I got down to a 22:00 for 10 miles and I put a lot of that down to spinning. It's also really fun and you can work as hard or easy as you want.
Just hope for a really fun instructor!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts