Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of the advice shared on the forum helped you to achieve or even exceed your ambition ?

If it has, what was it, and how did it help you ?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Yes definately... but it's hard to pinpoint!! I've picked up various pointers, particularly on nutrition that have helped me as well as useful stats etc relating to my current performance, and the mileage counting threads even encrouage me to get out the door some days! Oooh, and I read a whole book thanks to a suggestion on this forum, one that I really enjoyed!

Every new bit of info I read I take in digest - the best bits of information have helped me lose weight, stay motivated and improve my race times. Long may it continue!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I've found giving advice useful as it reminds me of what I should be doing...often with me it's case of do as I say rather than as I do so advising others helps me refocus...sometimes anyway!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Being stats bonkers, On this forum, I've found a really useful spreadsheet that allows me to record just about everything I'm able to measure (and some I can't!).

But more than anything, it's great to hear others experiences, triumphs, high and lows. I don't have the time to be part of a running club, and besides, I enjoy to solitude of running, though that said, I also enjoy the odd race experience. So here is my running club with lots of familiar characters and like minded people.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If i never came on here i would never have met steve and would never be part of the club i am today................

My aim when i joined here was to be able to run 10k LOL now i am up to Half marathon status.

:d

Thanks you lot.

*friendly punch on the chin and ruffle of the hair

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I ofund the forum when I was just starting off and it's been invaluable from the advice at the beginning to the positive wishes along the way, I'd almost class myself as a runner now, only 29 secs to go.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LEECE said:
If i never came on here i would never have met steve and would never be part of the club i am today................

My aim when i joined here was to be able to run 10k LOL now i am up to Half marathon status.

:d

Thanks you lot.

*friendly punch on the chin and ruffle of the hair
So to recap Leece if you hadn't met Steve you wouldn't be in the club:confused:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Granty said:
.............. I'd almost class myself as a runner now, only 29 secs to go.
For those of us uninitiated, can you explain this?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
scr8pe said:
For those of us uninitiated, can you explain this?

I think Granty was being hard on himself about missing the sub 2 hour half by that many seconds

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I joined this forum 2 years ago because my shins were hurting when I was running a couple of miles 2/3 times a week.

Shin splints,Never had a clue

Gait analysis..???????

Pronation......Somthing to do with speech...??

I never knew there were special shoes for running the roads.

I had never heard of Brooks, Saucony, etc.

Never new there was such a thing as races I could enter however slow I was.

Long distance running was for loonies with nothing else in their lives.

Running a Marathon was something only those with superhuman powers could possibly contemplate doing.

I`m sure I have left lots of things off this list.

So fair to say being a part of this Community has made a massive difference to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
agree with dave, plenty of advice for us novices and more importantly support from people that have done it time and time again. First half in week and a half................hope Im ready

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
All the best with that first half Mark...if you've done the training you'll be ready and adrenalin on the day will get you round.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts