Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have applied to Run in the Hastings Marathon on 14th December 2008. It is a one off 100th Anniversary of the 1908 marathon. I have recently joined larkfield AC and wondered if there was anyone out there that is running it.

Regards
Malcolm Barber:d

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hastings marathon

That`s good,they seem to have lost my postal application.

As I have been out of running for some while ( and I apprecaite this should be a different forum subject) but do a lot or races charge an admin fee for on line apps......

Just seems that there is LESS work for them to do with an ON LINE APP!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
yep, it's usually £1 or £2 more for online entry. I refuse to pay it and use the mail.

Occasionally you'll get a race that doesn't charge extra, but not very often

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On line charges

Well I hope others use the mail. I think it is outrageous. When you add up everyones £1 or £2...does take long to mount up.

And it must be easier for them to process online entries.........so why charge extra.....

Oh well, I will cancel my cheque and re-post........just on principle and if I don`t get it....there is always another race.....

Thanks for your reply.:d

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After having been told my postal app had not been received and cancelled my cheque on line yester day............................I AM NOW LISTED ON THE HASTINGS MARATHON ENTRANTS.

So now I have to uncancel my cheque.................

But Oh my goodness,I now have to train for the marathon:eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Loose Boots said:
After having been told my postal app had not been received and cancelled my cheque on line yester day............................I AM NOW LISTED ON THE HASTINGS MARATHON ENTRANTS.

So now I have to uncancel my cheque.................

But Oh my goodness,I now have to train for the marathon:eek:

There's a list of entrants?

ooh... I'm off to make sure I'm on it :rolleyes:

...and don't panic about the training...plenty of time ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have just spoken to someone that did the Hastings half marayhon................................and he said the half was tough and he took his hat off to me............

So I thought..........................................oh SUGAR...................what have I let myself in for.............:-((

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have had a number of people show an interest in getting an application form for the Hastings Marathon but numbers are going fast. The numbers up to 992.

Not sure if they will go over the 1000.

I would be happy to e-mail a form if anyone is interested.:d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts