Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm writing here because I wonder if anyone else out there feels like me: I love running. I've never attended to a competition, never done a marathon, but I love running, it's my favourite part of the day... It makes me feel wonderful! The fact is that more or less one month ago I got injured and I had to stop for a while; I actually felt terrible and so sad because I thought that I would never have been able to run again. In this I found out that nobody really understood what running means to me; my father was just like "oh, and so stop running. Where's the problem?" and I was like... how? I love running, it's not something I can just stop thinking about. Same with all of my friends. Being injured was like a tragedy to me, while they all looked at me blankly wondering why I actually wanted to run instead of staying on the sofa or watching a movie.
Is there someone here who understands how I feel? Because I start to think I'm kinda crazy ?? and really nobody understands. I don't know any other runners so I really don't have a clue on who I could talk to:(
Thank you for having read this and for your eventual answer. English is not my primary language, so I apologize if there are some mistakes ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts