Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
no, that's the first I've heard of it. It looks similar to the Nike system though, except for the phone thing.

It's a bit too much kit for me to take on every run

·
Registered
707 Posts
First I've heard of it too, looks interesting maybe as it has everything all rolled in to one. Can't say I'm interested though.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'll have a browse later - i'm trying to get through all the new posts before my meeting @ 1pm... though from reading the thread title it sounded like some kinda drug :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
...and you were therefore interested that it might increase the enjoyment of your meetings of the pedantics? :p

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I'll have a browse later - i'm trying to get through all the new posts before my meeting @ 1pm... though from reading the thread title it sounded like some kinda drug :p

nice to see you have your priorities right ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It was actually a meeting I'm chairing (as opposed to the usual sitting in the corner keeping my thoughts to myself for fear of losing my job if I voice them all - lol) so no pedantics allowed. I ask the questions, they give the answers :p

Just had a look at the website - it seems the next logical step and I was sure it was only a matter of time before a training system was integrated into a phone.

Add GPS, make it wrist mountable, and I'd buy one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Aw that's a shame. Sometimes I like it when people have pedantic arguments - I go off in my head and day dream, and by the time I come back to reality they're exactly back to where they started! But ooo check you mr meeting chair! Does that make you in charge of something then?

Also, if it's got a phone feature then it would be killer to put in wap/gps, I mean my phone has about 20 differeny things for connecting to wap/gprs and 3rd gen network - I have no idea what some of these things are... but anyways, I have google maps as an application, and it always manages to tell me roughly where I am! Not on the exact street maybe, but y'know... close enough... anyways I'm guessing it if you can fit GPS into a watch, then you can get it in a phone-type device with not much hassle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really enjoyed this phone at first, buying it the week it first became available. Once I'd found my way around the phone's various "phone" functions, I started to try out the miCoach side of it. The miCoach Web site was pretty good to begin with and has been updated a few times too.

But, and this is a big but if you commit to a miCoach training programme, the HR sensor that came with the phone just died one day. It was fine on a Thursday morning, and dead on the Saturday. New batteries and resetting of the phone did not help. I was given a replacement but after six weeks (again on a Saturday morning) it got very temperamental. It didn't work that Saturday, but did on Sunday's run, before going on to die completely the following week.

Samsung support suggestions have been largely unhelpful, with different staff making different, often contradictory suggestions, none of which worked and some of which sounded like the customer service staff member was making it up on the spot.

Poor reliability, and very poor service. I was eventually promised a replacement, which never arrived, and I had to badger Samsung again, who insisted on taking me through yet more useless suggestions to correct the problem with the broken one I had. Finally, they have sent another. Unfortunately, I'm injured at the moment (not running-related) and so have not tried out sensor number three, but I am very disillusioned with the Samsung product and for the past couple of months have gone back to using my old phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts