Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the hay fever season will soon be here, how does everyone cope with it as taking medication can make you drowsy, and reduce your performance?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
The field at the back of my house is about 75 acres of oil seed rape. Fortunatly not suffering thus far this year.

The best way is to try and avoid the pollen that affects most as best you can. A daily anti-histamine shouldn't make you too drowsy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have just started taking my hay fever medicine again as the sun has returned and the pollen count is high but I haven't felt drousy at all - in fact, I've felt more awake than ever! :eek:

Maybe it depends on the person and the medicine on how it effects you. I wouldn't worry about it too much! :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm really lucky and rarely suffer from this condition, but when I do.....:eek: a couple of years ago I had to stop the car because my nose was bleeding so much. Passers by thought I'd been involved in a hit and run!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine normally starts about late May early June and by August has gone. I ran last summer but I wasn't running as much then. I won't let it stop me though.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts