Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the Great South along with a friend later this month. We've run in a couple of races together and last time, there was about 5 minutes between us over 10k (me ahead ;)). I was the one who always seemed to take it more seriously, anyway.

Now, with my having recently moved house, there've been a lot of lifestyle changes to get used to and I've had a stinking cold. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been out pounding the pavements over the last few weeks. I feel out of shape. Meanwhile, my friend has stepped it up - claims he has lungs made of iron :p - and he's entering a duathlon. If he beats me next week I'm gonna be well miffed :lol:

I'm most upset at this role reversal lark and trying not to let my competitive side get the best of me :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
you never know, once you get out on the course everything might come together and you will still be in front of him :) All the best for the run.

O.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i would try and not think about it.. its one of those things that you cant control.. you can only try your best on the day... it might be good enough.. it might not... but nothing will ever come of stressing about it... and i think that being relaxed would help you run quicker anyway

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
...trying not to let my competitive side get the best of me
Now why would you not allow your competitive side to get the better of you? Think of the joy of beating him despite his claims, and if he does beat you and you gave it all you good - then hats off to him! But then that gives you an incentive to work your arse off and beat him next time round ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
hey it's only 10 miles 4 more than your 10k, go all out for it. :'(

Look forward to hearing how you got on :d

TT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts