Runners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was hoping to get some advice on a pain that has started in my Right heal. Started running 4 weeks ago. Following a programme to get me to 5k in 8 weeks and going well. I am big build and losing weight quickly, but a pain in my heal has developed and although not preventing me from running, it hurts walking around my apartment and streets. Any ideas what it is and how I can treat it ? I run 4 times a week for an exercise duration (including small walking breaks) of up to 32 mins and always on a treadmill at the moment. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi there - well done on what you have achieved so far and sounds to me like you are going about things in the right way. But ultimately the body can still tell you when things are becoming too much and it is best to take heed and back off - don't blindly keep following the plan when pain is telling you to ease off.

Very hard to diagnose an issue like this. It could be boney or it could be link to achilles, plantar - really can't say.

Rest and ice is usually the first port of call. If you can still walk pain free there is no reason why you can't continue, perhaps with a reduced duration to begin with.

If you really can't diagnose your symptoms via trusted sources yourself I would strongly recommend you get a physio to look at it and help you with rehab.

Good luck with it! Don't let it put you off either. If you nip it in the bud early it will come back stronger!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts