Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quick question for all the running gurus out there...

I've started using a treadmill after I acquiring a few stress injuries from running on the road. The treadmill has a 'Recovery Time' function. After a 5 mile run I tried it and it threw out 'F1.9'. Can't find any information on what this means - especially in the manual :huh:

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
are you using a heart rate monitor in conjuction with the treadmill? or more importantly have you read the instructions so you understand how to use the recovery function? If you haven't got the manual you can probably download it from the manufacturers website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I have the manual (Reebok Series 5 Treadmill) - says all about HOW to get reading but nothing on what the result means. I am using a heart rate monitor worn around the chest which the treadmill picks up (clever stuff.)

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I've had a look around the net for you but can't find anything :( My advice would be to get in touch with reebok to ask! F1.9 doesn't sound like it means a great deal to me! lol, maybe an error code? You'd think if teh results were coded then they'd give a breakdown of what they mean!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found some info - This is from a manual on a Magnetic Bike heart rate monitor (no idea if the results are the same.): -

------------------------------------------------------------
Your personal fitness note appears (F1.0 – F6.0) on the display.

F1.0 = Excellent
F2.0 = Good
F3.0 = Fair
F4.0 = below average
F5.0 = No Good
F6.0 = Poor
------------------------------------------------------------

Funny thing is I tested it on a 5 minute walk and it gave me an F4 - so that must mean I'm better at recovery from running than walking. Guess I'll have to run everywhere from now on...

Cheers for the help,

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I *think* it takes your HR at the start of your excercise and uses that as your resting HR, and then times how long it takes you to return to that HR once you've finished... so if you had a higher HR when you started running (perhaps if you'd been warming up), obviously you'll return to that HR quicker once you've finished running, therefore the computer assumes you've recovered to your resting heart rate... hope that makes sense! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts