Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relative new to distance running, come from professional fighting background so not new to fitness etc

when I do runs 5k 10k etc my heart rate always stays high say 170-180 I say high as I’m 40 , but I’m not tired when it’s that high it’s just I’m glancing at heart rate etc measured off a garmin vivoactive 4s

Working on the average 169 21 min 5k nothing special but I have more in the tank why is my heart rate near max for my age ?
I have a resting heart rate of 57 not amazing but I have bad adhd so I’m never not doing something ha

just wondering why I go to max recommended heart so quickly each time I run ?
Thank you for looking at such a dumb question years of getting beat in the head ha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I’ve had a heart based strap but I’d it was time ago , and to be fair I’d say my resting heart rate was much lower on a polar heart based strap but at the moment my garmin is wrist based and as you prob not best terms off accuracy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Over time your HR will drop the more you run and your body gets used to the exercise. Everyone's hearts are different so most stuff you read is guidance only. If you want true figures you need to get tested properly.

I'm 54 do my theoretical max HR should be, 168 yet I often go over that and feel fine. I have worked on the assumption that it is how quickly your heart drops back to normal that counts.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts