Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just wondered if this is the norm: -

How do i get through the heavy leg stage.

Feel like they weigh about 20 stone each.

I take it i just run through it lol

Its doesnt hurt, just walk just john wayne a bit :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Training, traing training !! - as you run longer distances (and in my case lose a few pound on the way) you'll find it becomes less of a problem.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
LEECE said:
Hi,

just wondered if this is the norm: -

How do i get through the heavy leg stage.

Feel like they weigh about 20 stone each.

I take it i just run through it lol

Its doesnt hurt, just walk just john wayne a bit :rolleyes:
There you go...told you!;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
everyone goes through it, generally it will pass, trouble is you probably won't notice :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went again today and soon as i started again it passed, feel a lot better now.

Probably look like john wayne tomorrow :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i have today.

At gym i use a thing that is like a spider web and stretch on that

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stretching after running whilst still warm, and stretching A LOT, for A LONG TIME.

Also, drink a Slim-Fast optima within 30minutes of finishing running, helps to get glycogen back into the muscles, has all the necessary bits and bobs :) very useful.

Really, stretching is the key though.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your advice.

:d

I will try it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am planning a hard interval session with my running partner tonight, so I didn't run yesterday. Instead I took the pushbike out for a blast. Rode 24 miles in 1.5 hours concentrating on trying to keep the legs spinning relatively fast and not struggling to push long gears slowly up steep hills, accept that you will drop to 10mph uphill, but spin fast downhill making up for it, hitting maybe 30+mph on the REAL steep hills. It's left my legs, today, feeling really responsive and not 'heavy'. So I think I'm going to bring a little more cycling in before my hard runs... just a thought to share :)

One thing you'll notice is how difficult (after running!!) it is to get a decent heart rat going... mine was peaking at 145 on my peak effort, and was around 120-130 most of the time while cruising on the flat at 16mph (my target average)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow work luthor .... :) thanks for sharing that.

I took my new trainers out for a run yesterday and boy did i notice the difference.

My legs do not ache half as much and i ran further than normal.

I am hitting the gym today so ill do some bike work and some serious hill work on treadmill that really helps too.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts