Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I had a cold and yesterday I had a nosebleed that started randomly. I think its due to the cold, (pressure and stuff) it was pretty heavy, once it stopped its been 24 hours since the last nosebleed yesterday and today I ran my distance, but about half way through, a nosebleed started again.

Is it because I should of rested abit longer after the nosebleed before, maybe I should run monday now?

maybe 24 hours aint enough for me, and the vein in my nose hadent repaired fully yet and pressure from exercise probably restarted it...???

If i run monday, will I lose any fitness, I did my distance wednesday, half my run today due to nosebleed and planning to run monday to allow my nose to repair its self, my fitness levels wont drop or anything will they and i had to stop during todays run because of nosebleed, so no cool down, hopefully no injury will occur? Thanks

The nosebleed is due to cold, i have fine blood pressure and stuff like that, Ive recently had blood tests for other seperate issues. All fine.
Maybe I should take some rest untill the cold has gone, because I know the colds caused it, my nose has been tingerling all day and a load of bloody snot came out during the bleed :(

thanks for any advice :) it really sucks and ime a little scared to run now as it might start one up again during my run, embarassing too!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
tbh.. i think it was prob down to you blowing ur nose lots from the cold.. but as always.. if in doubt check with a gp

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
it'll be a good idea to take a couple of days off and if you feel better by monday then take it easy for your next run and wrap up warm... i wouldnt worry about reduced fitness a few days is such a short period of time, it will never affect fitness...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If it has started bleeding once, for whatever reason, it's likely to be more prone to bleeding for a while afterwards. Once I randomly had a nosebleed at the end of a long run - though it wasn't until I was 50m from home that I realised - man I must've had some funny looks with a blood covered face/top!

take it easy - but it's not like a nosebleed is going to risk injury or anything - so if it's not too bad just carry on as normal and take a tissue or something? poke a big glob of vaseline up your nostril too - that should help - maybe ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts