Runners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.
I noticed my right foot is hitting off my left ankle causing the an open wound to the left ankle and it's extremely sore. Coincidentally this started to happen when I switched trainers from brooks (which I have always worn for the last 17 years) to a new pair of Adidas. Boost trainers. I thought if I switched back to the brooks this would stop but apparently not! It may be just a coincidence or it may be the new trainers causing this. I took to the web to search this problem and it seem to be heel whip. Can anyone offer any advise on the quickest way to rid myself of this nuisance as it's literally stopped my running in its tracks.
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi there - did you get some gait analysis when you bought your Adidas trainers?

If not might be worth it. Not cheap but extremely useful to get some video analysis to see what is going on. I know it is common for runners to notice mud or marks on their calf muscles where shoes have rubbed. This happens to me. This is the first time I have heard of the term "heel whip" so I was wondering whether this is a more pronounced issue than the calf rub.

As I say, if you can find someone who offers video gait analysis it could help you a lot, especially if they also offer physio or strength and conditioning advice because ultimately it will probably come down to trying to work out some weaknesses and issues. This usually comes down to core strength and glute strength etc. But worth trying to get a bespoke S&C programme from a qualified professional.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If not might be worth it. Not cheap but extremely useful to get some video analysis to see what is going on. I know it is common for runners to notice mud or marks on their calf muscles where shoes have rubbed. This happens to me. This is the first time I have heard of the term "heel whip" so I was wondering whether this is a more pronounced issue than the calf rub.

As I say, if you can find someone who offers video gait analysis it could help you a lot, especially if they also offer physio or strength and conditioning advice because ultimately it will probably come down to trying to work out some weaknesses and issues. This usually comes down to core strength and glute strength etc. But worth trying to get a bespoke S&C programme from a qualified professional.

Good luck!
Thank a million for the advise. I thought

Good luck!

Hi Mate. I didn't actually get a gait done when I bought the adidas. Great suggestion to get this done. I'll pop into my local elveries and get it done. I'll also need to do a bit of strength and conditioning as per your suggestions.
Thanks for the advise👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts