Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started running 3 years ago when I realise that I am not as fit as I used to be. With 3 years of hard work I can now run 3.5 miles. So I am now looking for some help in resolving few problems.
I recently read a book on running and it advised regular stretching as a must to prevent injury. So my questions are
Should stretches be done before or after running?
Can some one please suggest a stretching routine for a beginner?

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
runforfun said:
I started running 3 years ago when I realise that I am not as fit as I used to be. With 3 years of hard work I can now run 3.5 miles. So I am now looking for some help in resolving few problems.
I recently read a book on running and it advised regular stretching as a must to prevent injury. So my questions are
Should stretches be done before or after running?
Can some one please suggest a stretching routine for a beginner?
Welcome to the forum runforfun, we discussed stetching recently in this thread. You should be able to find the information you require there. Feel free to post any questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i stretch before and after running at 53 ifind that i have to stretch far more than iused to .before a run i often do calf raises on the bottom of the staires and after ido the same also be careful not to over stretch as this is as bad as not stretching good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts