Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I joined the forum sometime way back in the dim and distant past last year..shortly after which my life did a good job of getting very manic (again) and not to suprisingly my running pretty much stopped..

Anyho..its a new year and Im determined to get back into my running!! Just (slowly) starting off doing a few (embarassingly short) runs a week to start building up that fitness! Despite currently being at that sole-destroying stage where Im realising how horribly unfit I am..Im looking forward to getting back into some training! I may even get round to some racing later in the year...

So I thought i'd return and say "Hello" to everyone..hoping that if I surround myself by other runners in cyberspace maybe Ill get through the next few yucky weeks starting out!!! Hope you all welcome me back....

Kat :)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome back Kat! I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting your cyber-acquaintance in the past... but I seem to be on here a fair bit during the week so I'll look forward to reading and replying to your posts :d

Best of luck getting back into the training, and definately get yourself entered into a race! My last was in October and I have one coming up on Sunday (20th), I'm buzzing and can;t wait for it! and the feeling only gets better once you've crossed the start & finish lines! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome back Kat.

Good luck with the training. Learn from last time and don't let things get in the way of training. Staying fit and health is important so if you always have a full diary make sure that a training run is one of the appointments and keep it. Easy to say but hard to do I know.

It has taken me years to discover how to make fitness part of my life/work balance, but it is now paying dividends.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hiya KJ,

Welcome back, glad to hear you're back running again. Won't be long until those short runs start getting longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts