Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!

Just thought I should intorduce myself!! Im Kat - desperately trying to motivate myself to start training again. Runnings been hold since the end of last year after I sprained my diaphragm (how I dont know??! Im almost impressed by that injury) and trying to kick start my running again now - but its so hard when you realise how unfit youve become in just a few months off!! Thought that being surrounded by runners even in cyberspace my motivate me to get off my lazy behind and get through the first painful weeks!!

So if Im around moaning about my lack of runs please shout at me...its just me procrastinating!!

Guess thats all for now...

Kat xx

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum.

I hope you find your motivation again, don't be disappointed if you find your not as fast as you previously was, but as you know with running it doesn't take long at all to get back to where you once was, so you know what to do..... ;)

GET OUT THERE (that was shouting by the way :d )

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hi Kat :) and welcome.

Procrastinating... I know something about that :embarrassed:
As for your injury... How on Earth did you manage to sprain your diaphragm????????? What was the doctor's explanation?

Like TT said, GET OUT THERE! :d And share your progress with us :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Laughing too much I presume. Just remeber to run at a pace you can comfortably hold a conversation at and build your mileage up gradually. With this lovely weather at the moment I find it hard no to over do it.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
sprained my diaphragm !!

That's gotta be the best line in a welcome message ever (I feel as if I know you !! :p )

Hope you find the motivation you are looking for ! - Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you muchly for the hellos and the orders to get out there...It did actually motviate me to get up off my lazy behind and actually start the unplesant process of starting out again!! And am relieved to say that I found it much easier than the other week..managed a fairly decent little trip through the park in lovely sun..although it may not have been the speediest!!! Obviously that extra week of procrastination did me the world of good!!

As for somewhat baffling and comic injury..no idea how i did it..nor does anyone else took the Drs ages to decide that is what Id done!! Its been an interesting experience..i mean how do you rest and recover your diapragm especially when everyone around you finds teh whole thing so comic!! Maybe it was too much laughter after all!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcom back to the wold of running!! The body will remember as long as you don't let the mind talk you out of it. I've had so many injuries that have laid me off over the last 25 years and I'm still going strong. From herniating a hamstring in a track competition a life time ago to fracturing a bone in my back from an ice skating injury. You too will heal. Love your body and how it responds...and run like hell!! Just listen to your body...run through soreness...NOT through pain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a total beginner and am so unfit you wouldn't believe!! I know what you mean about feeling that everyone else is fitter than you but you got to THINK BIG!! I run along thinking 10k, 10k, 10k. You'd wet yourself laughing if you saw me and knew what I was thinking but I've been bouyed up by so many stories of people like me who have started from point zero and done great! GO FOR IT!!:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts