Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Jodi and i'm 26 from slough. I usd to run a year or so ago and gave up after failing in a half marathon.

My partner,who I got into running leaves me standing now. I can barely make it round the block!!!

I'm hoping that with the hints and tips i pick up from here i will be able to return to my former self!!!!!!!!!

I also struggle with my weight,at the minute i weigh 15 and a half stone......not easy to run with this extra weight so i have joined slimming world too and hope that the two will support each other!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
welcome to the forum Jodie :)

Don't worry...you've taken the first step already, we'll help you do the rest

And by the way... failures don't even attempt a half marathon! You did, so you didn't fail ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Evening,

Agree with Trin, you will find plenty of support on this forum and many of us (including me!!) have been in your position. I'm still trying to shed my unwanted pounds.

Youve done the hard part already - keep going.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Welcome Jodi.
The difficult bit is to start. Start easy. Go out on nice days, don't strain. Start by running only when you feel like it.
Make it a pleasure and not an obligation.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Jodi

Welcome to the forum, keep your chin up and do everything that has been mentioned, don't worry that your partner is ahead of you at the moment, running is very progressive and you will see changes not only in yourself but very quickly also in your fitness.

Perhaps set yourself a goal whether it be getting to a certain point on one of your routes where you might ordinarily stop and try and run past it and stop a bit futher up and keep moving the goal posts so to speak or even set your sights on a 10k in the spring you could easily build up to that by then.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress :d

TT

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello!

Well done on getting going again.

Don't worry about the previous half marathon thing. Come and have some fun training and racing some short stuff - since you're local to me everyone knows I'm gonna try to drag you along to BPTT... :)

Welcome aboard!

H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts