Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

New to the forum (and relatively new to running).

Only started running at the end of January, to get ready for a workplace charity effort in the Edinburgh 10K in May. To my genuine astonishment I enjoyed the training, and couldn't believe the buzz from the actual day. Consequently I think I'm hooked, I've taken part since in a 5K and a further 3 10Ks, now looking at what sort of training to do over the winter. This site looks like providing lots of good advice. :d

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there i am new also. Trained on my own and did the East Kilbride half marathon. The forum is good with lots of experienced folk offering good advice. Best advice i got was to join a club particularly for training through the winter (and the social). Got my first club night this week.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Find a running, not athletic, club. You'll find plenty of people willing to help you and run with. In time you'll get to know which guys/gals you can "compete" with when training which will eventually result in you getting fitter and faster.

Make sure you get the right gear for winter running...go to a proper running shop...including a high visibility/reflective top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts