Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

A little bit about me. I'm 28 and I've been running for just over a year, mostly on my own or with a friend and occasionally with my local running club. I've recently completed my first race and have ambitions to complete a marathon within the next year.

My biggest problem so far has been my knees - either/or and sometimes both! New shoes from a running shop have helped but probably going to need some supportive insoles???

I prefer x-country to road running.

One last thing, when I started running I wanted to keep a record of my progress in a journal. I couldn't find anything suitable so I ended up making one myself (based on a pilots journal) and if I say so myself its great. Other runners liked the Joggalog too so I had to make some more. Take a look at my website I'd love to hear from other record keeping runners.

Saul :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Saul

Welcome to RF.

Do you plan to take part in any other races this year.

TT :d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum Saul... knees shouldn't cause problems if you 1) have the right shoes, 2) train smart, and 3) stretch properly after each run

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My plan is to enter a few more races and work up to a half marathon in the next six months and then on from there.

Knees have indeed been a problem at around the 5-6 mile mark. I've accepted that it's not as simple as pushing on through - but yet to find a running plan to solve the problem.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Saul said:
but yet to find a running plan to solve the problem.

running on knee injuries will not solve the problem, only compound it. You need to let the injury heal, then work out the training plan with the right running shoes and including a series of stretches.

I would recommend that you find a good physio/sports therapist who can give you the information on your training and the stretch routine that you need so you don't have to suffer with knee problems.

Do you belong to a running club?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts