Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just joined the site, am interested in talking and getting ideas tips and advice from fellow runners
l have been running since July 2004, first started through a group of women raising money for breast cancer- 5k run, the first hardest race of my life, yet so rewarding, and emotional. l then decided together with 4 other women to continue running to keep fit, starting slipping as the weather got cold, so l decided to join my local running club. l have since kept my membership and enjoy a variety of courses, cross country being my favourite.
Last christmas dinner with the club members, l won the entry for 2006 London Marathon through a raffle. l never win anything on raffles, lotteries etc, but hey! what do l win an entry to run the marathon, to be honest that spoiled my evenning, as l didn't think l was ready, never thought l'ld ever run it. with encouragement and support from all the club member l did it, really pleased with myself, did it in 4hrs 33 min. and yes l would do it again.
Strangely enough l thought l would be fit enough to carry on running, but am finding it hard, l don't know whether it's lack motivation, l keep skipping club runs, yet when am out with the club members l enjoy my runs. Is it normal to feel like this?
Merab

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Merab, if your lacking motivation why not enter a few more races and different distances to give you a future target to aim for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with ajtuna, it does help to schedule something else, I ran the 2005 London marathon and didnt run again for about 6 months, due to lack of motivation. I scheduled the nike 10k with some mates and gradually got back into it. If you have a target, you know you wont want to let yourself down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts