Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back into running again after a long absence. Got into cycling then nothing(!) then a bit of swimming. Hitting 40 and having two toddlers I was noticing some middle age spread emerging and wanted to do something about it, and running can be fitted in around the tots much easier than any other exercise.

Well that all started the day the clocks changed this year. I ran 2/3 times a week and built up to 4-5 miles until a mate talked me into the village 10k the night before. I ran 49:15 to my surprise and now have re-caught the bug. I've since run 46 for a hillier offroad 10k, and run the Wetherby 10k (flatter) next weekend, I hope to got close to or under 44 minutes. I'm now running a minimum of 3 times a week and sometimes do 5 times, but never do more than about 20-25 miles a week. I hope to do the Black Sheep Series next year and bring the 10k time down close to 40 minutes. Then I want to do something I always regretted not doing 20 years ago, run a Marathon, but I'm not sure when, sometime before I am 45, and I hope I'd get under 3:30.

One question, I seem to get a little soreness on the top of one foot every morning which fades as the day goes on, any tips? Maybe certain stretches might help? For info too I am 5ft 8" 10.5st, and am running on Nike Airs as I always have, never liked anything else. I have an old pair of offroad Nike Airs now reserved for the horrid weather, and mostly now use a pair of Pegasus+ Clima which I find good but a little firm, which it seems a lot more shoes are these days.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bigcog.

Could it be something as simple as your laces being a bit too tight that is causing your foot to hurt?

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum!
One suggest about the pain might be that when you run you point your big toes up towards the top of your shoes, I used to do this and would have really sore feet for a day or two after a long run.

Good luck with your next 10k :)

O.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for replies

on the two replies about my foot. pretty sure my laces are not too tight, but my toes, I wonder, I'll try and be aware of what my toes are doing next run. The area of my foot where this is, I don't know the name of, but it's on the top of the foot just before your leg, if I'm making sense. To an extent I guess I should expect more creaks than when I was twenty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts