Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i am paul from dagenham being running about 12 months really enjoying it just entered my first race reading half marathon any advice on what to expect on my first race.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hello Paul.

You`ll get plenty of advice on here mate.

Just be very careful what you say.

One slip and you will never be allowed to forget.......:d

Seriously Paul, their a good lot and will help you in any way they can.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome Paul,

Expect nerves, tension, worries, bowel problems! And that's just the rest of the field never mind you!
Seriously, you'll enjoy it as long as you don't set yourself too high a target. Don't go off too fast and make sure you take on liquid to keep hydrated. You will be nervous but that's normal...I still get nervous and I've done many races.

Give yourself plenty of time to get to the venue...that way you'll find a place to park and you'll be ablle to take in the atmosphere as it builds.

Oh and by the way....Dave's right!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the form. I ran Reading last year and you'll love it! It was really well organised - I was worried beforehand as there was so many people entered but it went likke clockwork on the day. I'm going to enter again in 2007.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hi Paul.
It's good to see yet another new member joining like myself.
This is a top site as I'm sure you'll discover.
Good luck at Reading.
:)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Paul

My 1st and only race to date was a half marathon, I was extremely nervous before the race, but come the day, the support of the other runners, crowd etc. was fantastic, I had a fantastic day from start to finish. I only ran it as a bet but the experience has enabled me to continue (and enjoy) running and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Paul

Welcome to the site I too am new to the site, I have run the Silverstone and had a great time, if you have prepared yourself well for it you will have nothing to worry about. Once you have started it will all fall into place, I took my first mile nice and gentle and was pleasantly surprised to find my time was going quite well... Go and enjoy it, it is really exhilarating you will feel great and won’t want to stop talking about it…

Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts