Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Alberto and live in The Netherlands, I go running almost everyday, sometimes in the evening and other times in the morning. I've been running for the last 10 years, but never entered a competition...I enjoy running for fun and my favourite gear is adidas. I wear always a long tight in winter and a short one in summer.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Alberto. Good to have a Netherlander on board. You'll find us a friendly lot so feel free to join in and voice your opinions on any subject broached in the various threads. After ten years of running you'll be quite experienced and could maybe advise some of the newbies on the Forum.
You could start by telling us what sort of winter tights you use. Now that winter is approaching I'm looking for some longer, lightweight leggings that will keep me warm when I'm running the high fells, wading rivers, etc. but something that doesn't retain water (like Ron Hill Tracksters), or doesn't restrict my movement. Being fiercely masculine I've always run shy of wearing tights but after one or two bad experieces in atrocious weather in remote areas I've decided its the sensible way forward.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your welcome message. This winter I'll use an adidas brushed long tights, it's ligtweight and confortable. I've always worn tights, it really does it for me, no matter the weather and situation, I don't really care about what others think about guys wearing tights, I only care on what's convenient for a better performance.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
alminanlez said:
Thanks for your welcome message. This winter I'll use an adidas brushed long tights, it's ligtweight and confortable. I've always worn tights, it really does it for me, no matter the weather and situation, I don't really care about what others think about guys wearing tights, I only care on what's convenient for a better performance.
Thanks Alberto. I should have known from your first post you'd plump for the Adidas tights. I'll have a look at those.
I'm afraid I don't hold allegiance to any particular brand. I wear New Balance shoes, Nike shorts, Sub 4 vests, Asics jacket, etc.. But I do have a very old fluorescent pair of Adidas Racer shoes and my one and only track suit is an Adidas one.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hi Alberto.welcome.
You are clearly quite an experienced runner.I know you run for the fun of it but I'm surprised that you haven't entered an event in the years that you've been running.
Is it something that you have never considered?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Alberto,
Welcome! I'm also Dutch - but live in the UK. I'm nowhere near as experienced a runner as you are, but started properly just short of 6 months ago now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts