Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just discovered this great forum! I have been a runner for 30 years as of this year. Some years with very high mileage (years when trying to earn a spot at Boston) and some where running wasn't my #1 fitness priority (years in which I competed in women's figure competitions).

Regardless, running has been my constant and it makes any day, even a great one, better!

Looking forward to going thru posts and exchanging with other runners.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi Canada people! With the approaching cold weather I'm beginning to wonder about spiked shoes again. I use Salaomon Spikecross usually but I must have around 1000 km on those. I also used some spiked Merrells. Recently I bought some Saucony Mad River TRs and also some Peregrine 10s. Both have spots moulded into the sole for screwing in spikes. I have a bag of spikes from www.icespike.net that I have not used yet. I wondered if any of you have experience with these?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Canada people! With the approaching cold weather I'm beginning to wonder about spiked shoes again. I use Salaomon Spikecross usually but I must have around 1000 km on those. I also used some spiked Merrells. Recently I bought some Saucony Mad River TRs and also some Peregrine 10s. Both have spots moulded into the sole for screwing in spikes. I have a bag of spikes from www.icespike.net that I have not used yet. I wondered if any of you have experience with these?
Yes, winter is right around the corner!

I have never run in a spike shoe but did buy a pair of those slip on rubber/spikes a few years ago. I only run on roads, not trails, and found them ok. But, as I get older (50 is on horizon) i worry more about falling (more about how much work I'd mizs/long term side effects of a serious fall) and tend to adjust where I run if weather gets really bad. In good weather, most of my mileage is put on on country roads. As weather turns, I stay more on city streets or our treadmill (we invested in a gym quality TM a few years ago, best investment ever!) This is an ok approach as I am in SW Ontario and have lots of different places I can run in terms of more vs less densely populated areas within a short drive.

This doesn't really give you any feedback though does it? Sorry about that!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have stayed with friends in Toronto a couple of times so will have driven past you on the way to Niagara a couple of times. Beautiful countryside side around there and I love all the vineyards, still have so of the wine to drink.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts