Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey... just wanted to introduce myself.

Just been running for 8 weeks now since i moved from London to Hong Kong. I was a big weight trainer for over 10 years before but since coming here i realized i needed to adapt my body type so i have started running and reduced my gym activities to once or twice a week doing full body compound exercises and running 4 to 5 times a week.

well this is me.....

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I think I'm designated greeter this afternoon ;)

Running 4 or 5 times a week is quite a lot if you've only been running for about 8 weeks... take it easy, you don't want to risk injury having just started out so well.

I'm assuming that work has taken you over to Hong Kong? What's it like to run over there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't worry i only do 2.5 - 3 miles 4 or 5 times week nothing hardcore!!

running in HK is fantastic. Have to go early mornings though before the heat kicks in and i usually run down the length of the harbour which is stunning or around the track in victoria park with all the old chinese people doing tai chi and morning exercises... keeps me occupied with looking at everyone else seeing what they are doing and by the time i realize i am knackered i have finished. There are also loads of marathon runners doing the track in the morning so i get behind them to use as a pace...
i am loving it!!!

oh and thanks for the greet!!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
TheNose said:
don't worry i only do 2.5 - 3 miles 4 or 5 times week nothing hardcore!!

running in HK is fantastic. Have to go early mornings though before the heat kicks in and i usually run down the length of the harbour which is stunning or around the track in victoria park with all the old chinese people doing tai chi and morning exercises... keeps me occupied with looking at everyone else seeing what they are doing and by the time i realize i am knackered i have finished. There are also loads of marathon runners doing the track in the morning so i get behind them to use as a pace...
i am loving it!!!

oh and thanks for the greet!!!
That sounds amazing... I did Tai Chi for a while... would love to see the old chinese people doing it, they are so much more 'centred'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts