Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi,

Long time lurker, thought I should actually join up.

I've been running for a couple of years up to marathon distance, and this year will be mainly focused on another 2 or 3 marathons, while at the same time learning to swim and bike longer distances to try out some triathlons.

Alan

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) I keep meaning to give triathlons a try... But still need to learn how to ride a bike... And swim more than 2 lengths...:embarrassed:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Katten said:
Welcome to the forum :) I keep meaning to give triathlons a try... But still need to learn how to ride a bike... And swim more than 2 lengths...:embarrassed:
bike riding it's as easy as falling off a log

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum.

I love my running; however, at the moment I can swim further than I can run! I used to be a competitive swimmer in my youth and worked in the leisure industry for 15 years. If you are interested in swimming for a triathlon look here.

http://www.totalimmersion.net/

The Total Immersion method transformed my swimming style from a windmill type front crawl to a smooth slippery front quadrant stroke. I bought the book; however, you can get a great deal of info from the website.

Good luck with the swimming

Pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trinity said:
Hi Alan

welcome to the forum :)
which marathons are you doing?
Hi Trinity,

I'm off to Australia to see some relatives, so will be completing the Bunbury marathon in May (2 hours south of Perth) which will have less than 100 entering the full! I am also signed up for Toronto Waterfront at the end of September - the wife is getting used to the holidays I suggest having something to do with running :d

Finally, if I enter in time tomorrow the Hastings Marathon in December. Then I'm eating and drinking lots of junk over Christmas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pete, I'll look into total immersion. I'm currently taking lessons which has helped a huge amount.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Alan

Welcome to RF, good luck with your races for this year, they sound great.

TT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts