Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im new to running .
i recently lost 1 stone thanks to paul mckennas eat when your hungry plan.and then decided to get fit, i have taken up running recently and now run between 30-60 mins 4 times a week.
i dont diet as such but i like to have everything in moderation and eat only when hungry but i will eat what i want.
im 5ft 7 and 10 st 8 ibsbut i would like to lose around 1 stone ,what more can i do?

cheers people!:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Monkey
Seems to me your doing fine.Losing another stone would bring your BMI down to around 21,so I am assuming that you are female.If your a bloke I wouldn`t worry about losing any more weight.Training as you are will build muscle as well as burning calories,so dont expect the weight to fall off easily at this stage.
All the best Dave.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
It wont be long before you are where you want to be.Just don`t over do the weight loss thing.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome Monkey,
Doing 4 runs a week as a newcomer is very good. I'd suggest that you keep doing what you are doing for the time being to get your body used to regular exercise and then simply try to go a bit quicker once a week, but for less time, and slower once a week but for longer.
Try to find a local running club too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think a running club would be good but i enjoy the treadmill to running outside to be honest,what other things could i do to help with fat loss? i run 3-4 x a week sometimes even 5.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you are training regularly then the weight will gradually fall off.
5'7 and 10,8 isn't exactly obese. Don't worry about your weight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Monkey

I used to think I preferred the treadmill to running outside, but one day (not too long ago) I took the 'bull by the hornes' as they say, and went for a run in my local park...oh my what a difference, there is no comparison, and now I only run on the treadmill when I can't get outside. Give it a go I bet you will love it.

Welcome by the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts