Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Well this is my first post so i thought i would tell you about myself.
My names steve and i have just started running again after 4 years of being very lazy and putting on weight. The last race i did was in 2003 which was Indian Queens half marathon(Cornwall) which i did in 01:58:06 which i was pleased with as it was my first one.

Since then i havent done alot but now is the time to sort myself out and get running again as its something i do enjoy. I did my first run/jog last night of 2 miles in 19mins which i managed to do without stopping or walking but i definitely felt my lungs were working hard.
The overall plan is to finally do a marathon as i have always said i will do it.

This looks like a great forum so hopefully you can keep me motivated to reach that marathon goal.

Cheers
Steve

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
ste said:
Hi All
Well this is my first post so i thought i would tell you about myself.
My names steve and i have just started running again after 4 years of being very lazy and putting on weight. The last race i did was in 2003 which was Indian Queens half marathon(Cornwall) which i did in 01:58:06 which i was pleased with as it was my first one.

Since then i havent done alot but now is the time to sort myself out and get running again as its something i do enjoy. I did my first run/jog last night of 2 miles in 19mins which i managed to do without stopping or walking but i definitely felt my lungs were working hard.
The overall plan is to finally do a marathon as i have always said i will do it.

This looks like a great forum so hopefully you can keep me motivated to reach that marathon goal.

Cheers
Steve
Welcome to the forum Steve you'll get some useful advice on here it's helped so many of us
Well done on starting to run again you'll soon be back in the groove

Just take it steady to avoid injury!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheriton said:
Just take it steady to avoid injury!
Hi Cheriton
Thats one thing i need to do. I enjoyed yesterdays run and my legs felt great today that i was so tempted to run again tonight but i managed to talk myself out of it. I did do about a mile walk though.

Cheer
Steve

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
ste said:
Hi Cheriton
Thats one thing i need to do. I enjoyed yesterdays run and my legs felt great today that i was so tempted to run again tonight but i managed to talk myself out of it. I did do about a mile walk though.

Cheer
Steve
active recovery Steve, you've obviously been down this road before, too much too soon is a common topic on the forum, to be avoided, easy to say not always easy advice to follow.

Cheriton

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
ste said:
Hi Cheriton

Cheer
Steve
Hi Ste, welcome to the colourful world of virtual running that is Runners Forum (!)
I've just started to run again after a six week lay-off. My first couple of runs were roughly the same distance/time as your first one; but my legs were in a terrible state for a couple of days afterwards. I felt like I used to do after a hard race. I wouldn't mind, but I wasn't going fast enough to get out of breath most of the time!
Good luck with the come-back.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Steve

Welcome to RF, good luck with getting back into your groove.

We have a thread (trying to get to vegas or san francisco :confused: ) going at the moment where everyone posts their mileage either daily or you can tot it up and post at the end of the week, it does help with motivating you to get out, although by the sound of it you don't have a problem with that.

TT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts