Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Just being polite and popping in to say hello before getting to the real business of getting some advice for my blister :'(

My name is Tiffany, I'm 35 and a working mother of 2 from Hampshire. I've been running for a year, but built up incredibly gradually with walk/run/walk. Now I am thrilled to be up to regular 5 mile runs. Although I am not keen on hills. I did a 5K race for life last month, and have put in for a 10K at the end of September.

Now I'm off to find the right place to post about my poorly foot!

Bye for now...Tiff.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi there

Welcome to RF

TT :d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hi Tiffany... welcome :)

learn to like hills...they help to make you stronger and faster ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hello again............need to keep my posts up ;)

Trin speaks with authority...she loves hills!! ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hello again............need to keep my posts up ;)

Trin speaks with authority...she loves hills!! ;)

you'll be pleased to know that I have my next hill session booked in for Tuesday 8th July :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the forum, very friendly and lots of good advice.
You have some lovely hilly runs on your doorstep, I come through CF. on way home most days, Farley mount is great, but not on your own, I don't do hills very well as I get sciatica, but willing to give it a go if you ever want company. Good luck with the training. Which 10k are you doing?

Lyn Bagpuss.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi there.

Welcome to RF. I too am a working mum of 2 and am a newbie to running. hope you enjoy your stay

Nat

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hi Tiffany, and welcome aboard.

Hi there Tiffany, welcome.

p.s. I like hills, just can't seem to find any in my area :-(
There's plenty round here if you fancy swapping some for some of that nice flatty stuff :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow what a friendly bunch you are!!

To clarify on the hills....I am TRYING to like then :) It just hurts my calves so much!! I am trying to do 1 hilly run a week (I have decided this today, having done a hill run yesterday AND this morning and regretted it!)

Thanks everyone - I think I am going to enjoy being on here :)

And Bagpuss - I am doing the Hursley 10K. Which is HILLY I hear :worried:

Tiff.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi :)

I discovered a hill near where I live just the other day, so now I have even less excuse... They get much much easier when you practice on them a few times; I will keep telling myself this.

·
Registered
813 Posts
And Bagpuss - I am doing the Hursley 10K. Which is HILLY I hear :worried:

Tiff.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tiff.

I did it last year and will probably do it this year, haven't been doing much lately. It had one really long drag, (lots walked at this point, or power walked) the first bit was across a ploughed field! nice run though, and friendly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts