Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just joined, so I thought I should do as I was asked and introduce myself.

I'm fast approaching my mid-forties, and have been running on and off for a number of years - as much to keep the weight down as anything else ! After some persistent knee problems, I'm just getting into running again - now with a bit more purpose since getting the Nike+ipod system (just approaching my first 100 miles). I'm running more frequently and for longer distances since joining in a challenge against the USA called "The race across the pond" (See http://runpl.us/forum/discussion/193/1/race-across-the-pond/ - the UK are a fair bit behind at the mo., so I'm sure that any Nike+ users on this forum would be most welcome to join in.

I've tried to get into the London marathon 3 times (without success :( ) but, providing the knee problems don't return, I hope to apply again next year for 2008.

Cheers,
Neil

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF!

As you will no doubt have seen there is a lot of running and non-running related banter here so if you have any queries just ask....someone is bound to reply!

I applied for London again this year and failed to get in so am relying on a club place. Are you a member of a running club?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts