Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just started running and have found browsing this site to be really useful.

I am 30, female and live in Chesterfield in Derbyshire. I have just been on 2 'proper' runs since I decided to get fit- Sunday and Today- just under 5km each time. I was very pleased as I managed to run/jog all the way without stopping which I didn't think I would be able to!

I am thinking about entering a local (hopefully relatively flat:embarrassed: ) 5k race to try and keep my motivation up so if anyone knows of any let me know!

Fothers

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Fothers,
Welcome tothe forum and being able to run 5km straight off is realy good. When I first started running I followed a run/walk programme and at first I found it a struggle to run for longer than a minute without getting a stitch.

Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress - make sure you warm up, cool down and stretch properly after your runs holding each stretch for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Fothers welcome to the forum, you will get loads of good advice here. You must be pretty fit to achieved what you have already, excellent :d

You can search for races on this forum or you can try runnersworld.co.uk hope you find something and just go for it you will really enjoy the experience.

Good Luck. Twinks ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks people!

My legs are not sore today either which is good. I think there is a 5k in Doncaster at the end of January so I may look into that...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'm gonna be doin a 5k soon, will be cool to get an accurate time for it, you'll run much better in an event than you would when you're out and about, too. Good luck with whatever you decide upon! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts