Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have started running recently in an attempt to get fit again. I have been doing martial arts for a few years (well, started in 1992, then had a long break between 1997-2003) and also do a little weight training. But I realise that this is not enough.

I have a 6 month old son, so really my main motivation now is to get fit for him, so we can kick a ball around and do active things together. I want him to have a fit dad, not a fat dad.
I am keeping a training blog, which shows most of my activities (I forgot to update it this week...).

My probably at the moment is getting my weight down. I thought that running would help, but I am stuck on 95kg. I really want to get down to about 85kg again, at least!

Currently I run for between 13 and 30 minutes, depending on which route I take. Not run this week as I went kick-boxing and kung-fu twice, and my right hip was aching on Thursday and Friday. May do some weight training today.......

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum jonbey!

Martial arts will have given you some good strength for running, you're doing great, just build up slowly and rest when your body tells you, which is what you have been doing

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome Jonbey! As i'm sure you know, you can't get a much better sport than running for burning the calories... so keep at it, slowly build your weekly mileage and you'll soon reach your target weight (and then decide you want to lose more weight and run faster... lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts