Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Brumrun, I just saw there's already a Brumbear here lol:)

I'm 31, love cats, have two, and have just started running.

Doing a 2k run soon lol- that might be stretching for me actually:d

Look forward to chatting to you all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Brumrun, I am still pretty new to running only been running for 3 months. Its amazing how much fitter I feel, and I love it. Keep it up you wont regret it and there is always lots of great advice on this forum, and everyone is really nice and friendly :d

·
Registered
38 Posts
Karen Edmunds said:
Hello and welcome too Dimple, theres a lot of new people this last week!!! :d
such as me!
welcome to the forums, and running is great, ive seen so many improvemnts helath wise since i started. Good Luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello Brumrun,
good luck with your running and keep us posted with your progress. Don't be a stranger:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
hello robbo.
welcome to you too. Lot of hellos going on here today! Nice to see more new members. Best of luck:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Nice to know there are lots of other newcomers, or people just starting running, on here:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
brumrun said:
Thanks everyone. Nice to know there are lots of other newcomers, or people just starting running, on here:)
Good for you matess. Unfortunately, I've decided to go it alone. People think they know what makes people like me tick. This friendly bunch of people sucked me into a war of words. I was stupid enough to let it happen, I made an apology it wasn't accepted so I'm off, but good luck on Sunday you'll feel brilliant about an hour after you cross the finish line.

Take care
Bear

Oh and if the very clever person who located my very old web site tells you all how clever he is and how shallow I am. Just remember not everyone knows how to handle people...Me included..screwed up again

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks karen, i only plucked up the courage to became a member a couple of weeks ago after browsing for a few days i've not been running as long as you have i started in february as i've entered for the race of life in june and didn't want to walk it. how far do you run?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Forest said:
thanks karen, i only plucked up the courage to became a member a couple of weeks ago after browsing for a few days i've not been running as long as you have i started in february as i've entered for the race of life in june and didn't want to walk it. how far do you run?

Welcome to the forum Forest.

How`s the training going for your race for life ?

All the best.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Welcome bumrun.!
Hello brumrun.Welcome.

I`m sure Richard never meant the spelling mistake....................

Did you Richard..............??????

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Dave,

Its going really well, i've just managed to get up to 3 miles although it does take me 40 minutes. i bought some proper trainers from a local running shop called the sweatshop and they meet up every monday outside the shop and run for 3 miles so i've desperately been trying to get to the 3 miles so i can go and join in but must admit i bottled out monday just gone so hoping to pluck up some courage this monday coming! i know now that i can do the distance just a bit scared i'm too slow!! how long have you been running for?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Forest said:
Hi Dave,

Its going really well, i've just managed to get up to 3 miles although it does take me 40 minutes. i bought some proper trainers from a local running shop called the sweatshop and they meet up every monday outside the shop and run for 3 miles so i've desperately been trying to get to the 3 miles so i can go and join in but must admit i bottled out monday just gone so hoping to pluck up some courage this monday coming! i know now that i can do the distance just a bit scared i'm too slow!! how long have you been running for?

Forest.

Don`t worry about your speed at all. It is not important.

I`m sure if you meet the others at Sweatshop you wont regret it.

As for me,Ive been at it for about 2 and a half years now.

Might have given up after about 6 months if I hadn`t joined this forum...........

So be warned,you don`t know where this Run For Life might end......:d

1 - 20 of 22 Posts