Runners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm another newbie and keen to get myself fit. Havent been running since my school days so I've got loads of training to do!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! went for a gentle round the block this evening, reckon I only managed about 10 minutes in total and I was knackered after! shows how unfit I am!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I intend to! now I have my breath back I feel great. I'm aiming to be able to run 3 miles non-stop so I can do the Race for Life next year. I think thats an achievable target for a virtual running virgin?!

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Yip, 10mins is better than 5min and 5mins is better than nothing at all.

I started running this year and have been amazed at how fast your body gets itself fitter.

A 3 mile run this year is an achievable goal, so as Steve said, maybe worth looking for one to run :)

Welcome to the forum.

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Liz3yy said:
Oh I intend to! now I have my breath back I feel great. I'm aiming to be able to run 3 miles non-stop so I can do the Race for Life next year. I think thats an achievable target for a virtual running virgin?!
You should go for it this year, you'll do it no problem at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.