Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm another newbie and keen to get myself fit. Havent been running since my school days so I've got loads of training to do!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Welcome to RF :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Liz3yy said:
Hi I'm another newbie and keen to get myself fit. Havent been running since my school days so I've got loads of training to do!
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll pick up lots of advice on training here.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! went for a gentle round the block this evening, reckon I only managed about 10 minutes in total and I was knackered after! shows how unfit I am!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I intend to! now I have my breath back I feel great. I'm aiming to be able to run 3 miles non-stop so I can do the Race for Life next year. I think thats an achievable target for a virtual running virgin?!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
More than achievable...aim for one this year!!

Welcome to RF btw.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Yip, 10mins is better than 5min and 5mins is better than nothing at all.

I started running this year and have been amazed at how fast your body gets itself fitter.

A 3 mile run this year is an achievable goal, so as Steve said, maybe worth looking for one to run :)

Welcome to the forum.

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Liz3yy said:
Oh I intend to! now I have my breath back I feel great. I'm aiming to be able to run 3 miles non-stop so I can do the Race for Life next year. I think thats an achievable target for a virtual running virgin?!
You should go for it this year, you'll do it no problem at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts