Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Another newbie here. Been running a few weeks now and up to about 5 miles at the mo. Just signed up for a 10k on 6 July and am pretty nervous about it. The only thing I'm sure of is that I will be slllooooooowww and finish last but hey, I'll just be pleased to have finished it (if I finish it). Look forward to receiving lots of good advice from you guys.

LbL.x

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Loobyloo

Good luck with your race, the only advice I would give right now is enjoy it you will be on cloud nine when it's over.

Let us know how you get on.

Welcome by the way :d

TT

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Loobyloo welcome. If your running 5 miles already you be fine for a 10k race. As twinle toes says forget time just concentrate on finishing your get such a buzz from it. Look forward to seeing how you get on!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Enjoy the race as has been said you're doing 5 miles already 10 k will be fine

If it's your first race best piece of advice i can give you is not to go off too fast .

You'll pay for it later .

People get caught up in the excitement of the day and go haring off only to blow up and end up going seriously backwards.

Whatever happens you'll be bound to learn something about yourself and your running .

Take it easy

Cheriton ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to the mad world of RF Loobyloo.

Best of luck for the 10k..sure it'll go fine!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your good wishes everyone. Unfortunately my friend that was also doing the race has had to pull out which means I've had to pull out also. Never mind, will just keep enjoying the running and the good weather while it lasts !

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello and welcome.....sounds like your just going great :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Loobyloo and welcome to the forum! I'm running my first 10K race on 6th July too ..... I'm also expecting to be slow and come in last ..... we'll have to compare notes afterwards! :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Even if you are slow chances are you won't be last to finish.....but if you are it really doesn't matter...and you'll find you'll get plenty of applause/cheers/congratulations.

I always, well nearly always, wait to the end of the race to see people finish.....its great to see the faces of those finishing after me looking full of pride and joy.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I double dare you to do it, it will be the best feeling :d

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I can manage to get another friend to give me a lift then I'll definitely consider going it alone. I'm not that much of a coward .... well, maybe I am. We're definitely going to sign up for a different one though so even if I duck out of this one there's another one round the corner.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts