Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol:
I'm eighteen, I'm resitting college in Newcastle, I work at Boots(yay?). I used to run a fair bit until I was about 16/17, when I got M.E. and I wasn't allowed (ie. couldn't!) run anymore. I had a big emotional vomit when I had M.E., got myself in mental health, and now I'm out of all that and ready to go! I'm starting to run and train again (in the last few months), and I don't have anyone to run with anymore, or to have the obsessional talk about kevlar with, so I hoped a running forum would be ten times better!

By the way, I was addicted to cross country, so my aim is the 10k Mighty Deerstalker in spring. According to every review, it's hell on earth, which just makes it -so- much more appealing.

So, yeah. Running is :love:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF WRFF.

Glad to hear things improved for you........what sort of training are you doing now or have you just got going again?

...btw I did a stint at Boots a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta for the welcome! And Boots is fab. After payday on a flagship store staff night out.
:rolleyes:

I've started stretching off in the mornings, and going for a run at a slow pace, for as long as I feel comfortable. So far, I can go about a mile and a half without it hurting! I'm doing some general core work as well, some 1kg weights for my arms, and some yoga and press ups on the wii fit (which obviosuly is going to make me an Olympian by next week). Any tips for progress?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well top tips are...
1. Take it slow...if you push too hard too fast you'll injure yourself....remember the 10% rule.
2. Get the right shoes..go for a gait anlysis done
3. Try and find a club to run with...perhaps once you've got up to 3/4miles

Sounds like you are doing the right thing at the mo.

Have you any aims? If so make sure they are sensible ones.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :)

That's great that your health is back on track... well done for getting back out there!

I also work for Boots... back stage though ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts