Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
in the middle of training for my first Marathon (hopefully!). I am not a competitive runner and up until this year I have ran for general fitness, weight control and to get away from the kids for an hour!
Hoping to run the Dublin Marathon on 27th October if my legs hold out. Training has been going quite well but Just suffered a minor injury setback which is what brought me here but i'll post on that elsewhere.
I am very much a novice runner and far from being a lean, mean running machine.

Nice to meet you all.

KD

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF KD......post away...hope you get to Dublin fit and raring to go!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi KD

Welcome to RF.

Best of luck with your training and keep us posted on your progress.

TT:d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Good luck with your marathon KD i am not a lean mean running machine either, i just plod along when i can.

Keep up the good work :p

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Kd welcome, don't worry about not being a lean and mean running machine. You are not the only one on here like that. I'm not mean.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Welcome KD! You will get plenty of advice on here and good luck with your first Marathon. :) You will leave do it but swear never to do another one or you will do it, love it and look at doing another one :) This is what happened with me, Ive already signed up for the next Edinburgh Marathon in 2009

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good lick with the training!

A couple of people from my club did Dublin last year and thought it was a great race. I'v got to admit, Monday is strange day for a race, though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts