Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have just joined the forum and have enjoyed reading a few posts - I am a 'mature' runner both in age (50+) and in experience (many years) but if I can help anyone with any aspect of running, especially beginning runners, then I am happy to do so

Running is easy - It's the pace that kills !!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Another Scotland Lad! You guys will be running the place soon ;)

Pleasure to have you on board, I'm sure you'll be able to offer plenty of advice to others :)

What's your background in running if you don't mind me asking? Are you a racer or a fun runner? Any useless but interesting facts about yourself? :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Hi Pacer, welcome to the forum.

Good to see another Scottish poster here :) I'm always on the hunt for advice so will look out for your posts.

O.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome aboard Pacer (Alan) :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the welcome's !!!
For Richardsimkiss and anyone else - my running background covers a good few years. I ran Marathons and half marathons in the mid eighties in respectabe times 3.15, 1.29 then I had a long (many years) break. Getting early retirement gave me an opportunity to get back into running and I have been running 10k, 5k races for the last 5 years. Unfortunately the years take their toll and where I could previosly run 6 min. miles I now find there are another 2.5 mins added to each mile. Still, I still love it and my goal before I finish?? is to get under 50 mins for the 10k.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Getting early retirement gave me an opportunity to get back into running. My goal before I finish is to get under 50 mins for the 10k.
Welcome from old Runningfox. Co-incidentally, it was early retirement that first got me into running in my mid fifties. I've never looked back, one of the best decisions I ever made and a wonderful substitute for work! Getting under 50 mins for 10K is easy. Bodies and legs were purposely designed for suchlike things way back at the beginning of time! Just do it.
Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts