Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I thought it was time I joined in with something like this so here I am!
Just got back from celebrating my 40th Birthday running the Amsterdam Marathon this weekend and I had a great time. As it was my first I decided to take it easy for the 1st 22k and then go for it, but now I wish I had just gone for it from the start. Never mind always next time.
My aim is to run every marathon in every major city in the world before my knees give up on me. So I thought I would join this forum and a club so I have the best chance of completing my ambition.
Any thoughts on clubs? Best next Marathon?
Based in Ringwood, Hampshire.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi,
That's some ambition!
The big city marathons need to be entered fairly early so you'll need to plan in advance obviously.
I did Prague in May 2005...not a great course but the city is. Have done Chicago too and that is good. Takes place in October so you could do both of those in one year.
I've also done Dublin which I didn't particularly enjoy but the craig......!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bodge said:
My aim is to run every marathon in every major city in the world before my knees give up on me.
Oi! The ambition sounds a bit harsh. If you measure your running out well, then your knees should also last well. At any rate, look after those knees. They're very valuable to your long-term well-being.

But I don't mean to harangue you. The city marathon objective is incredibly grand too, and I wish you much success.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts