Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ello all, new person here.

I started running about 3/4 months ago. Wanted something to focus on after splitting up with my ex, and after realising I was getting a bit too chubby for my liking (I do a lot of late hours at work, and we get takeaway a lot). I'm pleased with my progress so far, both in terms of improved fitness and having lost the fat I put on, and a little more. Felt good to be able to get back into a suit jacket that I couldn't quite do up 5 months ago, hehe.

...So I'm running with burning fat and feeling good as the priority, and anything else (i.e. fitness) a nice bonus. I generally run about three and a half miles, first thing in the mornings, about 2/3 times a week. I'm just getting to the point where I'm thinking of getting into things more "seriously" (considering entering a race, joining a local club, buying some proper running clothes for the winter, etc). Looking forward to being a bit more hardcore :)

So yeah, that's it really. Hellooooo :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the RF!

This is a great place to get advice but also a great place to tell others about your achievements.

If you can get through the winter and come out the other side still running you will be looking for a new wardrobe with all the fat you have burnt off :) Well, thats what I am hoping for :)

O.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe yep, I've already been spending way too much money on clothes as it is. I'm sure I'll keep it up.

(And the running, too...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like you're ready for a race....find yourself a 10k to aim for...it's good to enter these things and use them as motivation.

This time last year I couldn't run for 1 minute...I've just completed my first half marathon...just show what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Welcome... sounds like you're planning a few things already that'll save me suggesting them :) ahh, what the heck...

entering a race will give you a great target to work towards, and joining a club will help bring on your running so much! (plus you'll get to meet a few new people too!)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Steve.

Time for you to find a race I think....

Keep us informed of your progress.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
ooh another Steve :)

Welcome to the forum....

*shouts* Oi Steve...where are you, come and say hello to Steve :rolleyes: