Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing this?
I fancy it next year, if anyone can tell me what it's like.
I like the idea of 10-12 miles of mud & sillyness!! :p

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i thought about but i then read loads of reviews that said the organisers we're sadistic ... things like sending you running towards the finish line with a 400m sign, then then making u turn just before to go and do another 2miles..

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they won't even say how long it is......they say "over 10 miles, under 12". :'(
That's my kind of race. Something different. :lol:

It would be one to do with friends I think, so maybe I could find some mad people on here that want to do it next year???? :p
It's a lot cheaper than that "Tough Guy" one, they are getting well silly with the entry fees. :mad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm doing the Hell Down South version - newbie.
They say you'll bin your trainers as they'll come out fluffed! My burnt out oldies should do the trick nicely in that case.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing the Hell Down South version - newbie.
They say you'll bin your trainers as they'll come out fluffed! My burnt out oldies should do the trick nicely in that case.
Let us know what it's like. :p

I'm getting the itch to do "Tough Guy" now. :cool:
I know the entry fee makes me cry, but reading the website got me all excited!!! :d

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i deffo plan on some of the saab salomon thingys next year. they seam similar aswell
Are they sadistic with lots of mud!!??? :d:d

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this just an extreme way of ensuring there are no giant bumble bees or toddlers in your next race??
:d:d:d
I'll do whatever it takes to avoid small children & giant furry creatures.....:p

Just decided to enter this, & it's fully booked.......arhhhhhhhhhh......:mad::mad:

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone does this today, tell us what it was like!

They are all freaking out about it on the Runners World forum! :d

They are going to freeze their nackers off running through the "bogs of doom" ha ha ha. :lol:

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are all talking about it on the Running World forum. It sounded good. Muddy, but good. :p
I'll def do it next year. Annoyed I missed getting an entry. :mad:

·
Registered
456 Posts
this looks fun!!!!
Cat - your job is to boing this when entries open please!!!!

not as far to travel as toughguy.... for me;)

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone just done Hellrunner South then?

Come on you southern softies......how did you get on? :p

I'm sure Hellrunner North is harder!! :cool:

I have a group of 4 for next years Hellrunner North......any more lunatics want to come? :d :d Sign up now!!

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got my hellish outfit sorted

Is that actually you?

Don't leave entries until a couple of weeks before, like I did, as it gets full up.

Are you def doing it then??

·
Registered
456 Posts
sadly, yes it is me. grew the face fungus specifically for outfit... rather camp I know!!!

I'll do it providing it doesn't clash with darling daughters birthday or party, which is around start of nov....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did Hell Down South at the weekend and I think it was probably the best races that I've done. There were reports of long, long queues to get in and out of the car park but I didn't experience anything like that - but I did get there early and was probably one of the first to leave. It was 11 miles and we did get very close to the finish line and you could hear the tannoy but then you suddently made a turn up hill and carried on for another couple of miles.

Never been in such a state after a race - had to throw all of my clothes and trainers away and it took me ages in the shower and bath to get clean. I still can't get the grime out of my toenails.

Fantastic!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.