Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e been running a few years now, mostly in the evening, or at night, always when it's dark outside, and I have found out that I have a big problem with heat, when ever the sun is out and I try to run, or train in any way, My energy is totally drained within minutes, I feel weakness in my entire body, Feel powerless, and my performance drop very drastically.

I understand most of us perform worse under the sun, and strong heat affects everyone's performance, but mine is always affected much more than others, and my performance drop by too much. I know my self and I can feel it.

Iv'e been trying to get out and run in the heat once or twice in a week in the past few months, but It doesn't get any better, My performance is dropped by 50% at least, every run and every thing I try to do in the heat, the sun killes me.

this issue is important for me because I have a pre-army camp coming up in a few weeks and the activity there is under the sun all the time. and I don't know what to do... because I got my self in good shape and my results are great for me, but whenever I try to do my workouts under the sun, it beats the crap out of me.

I understand there isn't much to be done now.. but if anyone has any suggestion that might, even by a bit, make my energy drop slower and get me performing under the sun as close as possible to my actual ability, I would appreciate that.

Ilya

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
maybe it's dehydration, maybe you wearing too much clothing (running in the sun always vest + shorts), maybe you push yourself too hard in the heat...

so suggestions (probably obvious):

drink water before a few hours before you run so you aint dehydrated, run with as little clothing as you can and do long slower runs in the heat avoiding speedwork...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
what sort of heat are we talking about? brithish summer :)lol:) type heat or desert type heat?

when you sweat you loose salts and other minerals.. it might be that you are loosing a lot of these and not replacing them something like SIS - Go is good at replacing them

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I agree with the other guys.....and maybe you need to run at a slower pace too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
as others have said ensure you are well hydrated several hours before going out and invest in some post exercise drinks such as gatoraid etc. I have the same issue as you though perhaps not to the same extent, I run well late in the day, in low temperatures etc but if I go out early especially in warm weather I have to make much more of an effort both in running and in preparing to do so. Stick at it I'm sure you'll get there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts