Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I keep getting pain under my knees! The physio tells me it my "fat pads" which the patalla lands/sits on! He feels that they are being agrivaited because of my sudden change in life style (for the last 15 years I've done NO exercise, then suddenly started running this year). Has anybody had this? Its got alot better over the past 3 months but has yet to clear up. I'm running again but its starting to drag me down, and I'm worrying it might turn into chronic condition! Which the physio says it can sometimes!
But i'm mega reluctant to stop running as I will lose my fittness whick all barring my knees is pretty amazing!

Newby (aka Ed)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I''ve done 3 half marathons! I'm wanting to start training for marathons but physio and myslef think that perhaps I need to let this sort itself out first!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Why don't you stick to shorter races just for a few months, so you are not doing the distances which might be causing the problems?

Sorry to hear by the way :(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If you've gone from doing nothing to running several half marathons then it's almost not surprising you're suffering with something or another - sadly it seems to be the way of the runner!

It's quite possible to ease on your training a little and not lose any fitness... also regularly Ice the area to reduce any inflamation. Don't worry yourself too much about it, but also be mindful that it's an overuse injury, and that increasing your training in your current condition certainly won't help alleviate the problem. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts