Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of trying to lose some weight, I am 6ft 5ins tall and currently weigh about 18.5 stone. I am not new to running as I play American Football and regularly train, but I am hanging up my boots and wish to realign my training in order to lose some of my excess baggage. Currently I am running approximately 4k at a steady pace over varied terrain (about 50/50 uphill/downhill) and I do this 3-4 times a week. I would like to get some ideas about how I can maximise my training for best results. I have also made some adjustments to my diet, I am following the prinicipals of the Hay diet (i.e not mixing starch and protein and plenty fruit & veg).

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Nickc78,

I think it's a good idea to keep both a food diary and a training diary. It helps to keep the discipline going and allows you to monitor your progress much better. That way you can also tot up calories in vs. calories out.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Nick

Out of interest, which team do you play for? EK Pirates and Glasgow Tigers are my two local teams.

As far as the training goes, I found the weight coming off as soon as I started doing speed sessions with my local running club. It might be worth swapping one of your runs for a speed session.

I take it from your size that you're a lineman? It might also be worth asking the backs/receivers in your team if you could train with them too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts