Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after doing the nike 10k a couple of weeks ago i want to sign up for another race to keep my motivation going through the next couple of months- but heres the question. When looking through the races i could enter some of them look quite professional.

Could anyone recomend a race i could enter in the next couple of months that has an easy going feel but still a race where i could go for a better time than i did in the nike 10k (52mins).

Oh, i live in the london area. SW19.

Thanks, Ginger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. Where do you run in Wimbledon- i was thinking of joining the running club on a sunday morning on the hill.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run in the Wimbledon Park/Wandsworth/Earlsfield area.

Is that the Windmilers? I was thinking of joining them too. But there mid week session is a bit too far from me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am also looking for my next 10K race. My first is in Leeds at the end of November, I can't seem to find any that are reasonably local until well into Feb/March next year !!.

Help..

Richard

·
Registered
42 Posts
admin said:
The Abbey Dash? Thats a good race to start with... flat and fast.
Yes that's the race I have entered as my first one. Will appreciate the flat, not sure the fast will apply to me though :d

Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've entered the Chichester 10k on Feb 4 next year(my first). My aim now is to get my times down to well below 50 mins. Last Sunday I was able to run a 52:12 without too much effort, and am planning on joining the chichester runners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts