Runners Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Keep it up, Karen. The disappointment I've felt in the past a few years ago after giving up running far outweighs the occasional hard day of training. Have you got any events in mind? The weather is better now, lighter evenings and longer days etc. Might be worthwhile applying for a race to do as a motivational thing. :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Karen Edmunds said:
I do have an underactive thyroid gland, which was diagnosed about five years ago, so do take thyroxine daily, dont know if this makes any difference.
I have an under-active thyroid too - it was previously over-active until I was given the radiation drink to kill it off, so I'll be on thyroxine for ever.

In the past three or four years of being under-active, the only time I was lethargic/over-tired was in the first few months after the radiation drink as the doctors hadn't got the dosage right. I've now got the correct dosage and have no problem running, cycling or lifting weights in the gym.

Glad to hear you went out for your run - keep it up!:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks everyone, I am determined to carry on as feel much better for running. Told my running partner that I went alone this morning, and she said she just can't be bothered to get out of bed in the mornings to go but she may go in the evenings. I have said that I will go with her some evenings, and also go some mornings on my own depending on what day it is and what other things I have to do but I am not giving up that is for sure. Got a race for life in July want to be ready for that!! :d

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well my running partner ran on her own the other night and she said she found it harder running alone, as I did in the morning, so we ran together again this morning. I dont know why I need to have her with me to keep me going, I am struggling with life at the moment with my partner in prison, and need something to keep me going. Feeling quite stressed and down in the dumps, so hopefully if we can get back into the routine of running three mornings a week it may help me. I hope!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Karen,

Now your friend has ran on her own and found it harder hopefully this might motivate her to run with you more, sorry to hear about your stresses although i'm sure that the running will help with de stressing. I hope you have a good network of family and friends to support you during this difficult time. (and you have all of us)

Forest

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well my running partner has just split with her partner and as my partner is serving a sentence we are both alone, she seems to want to get back into the routine of running in the mornings which is good. I think it will do her good, and I know it does me good, and gives me something to focus on. Although I am now in the process of moving house, so that is keeping me busy. Who said life is hard in prison, he will be there with feet up in his cell watching tv, while I am humping boxes and painting and decorating, typical lol. Been flat out decorating this week, and cleaning etc after work every night but still getting up at 6 three mornings a week to run, so you could say I am getting addicted to running, although it is hard work lately but I think it is all of the stress that is tiring me out

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well I got up at six to go running this morning, and boy was it hard work, even with my running partner. I found it hard on Wednesday morning but even harder today. She is happy to get back into running the three mornings a week, now that she has split up with her partner, but I am finding it so hard even though I love it. Its a good job she is getting back into it, because I am not sure I would do it on my own after the way I felt this morning. I dont feel like I have any energy, and find it so bloody hard!!! I thought It is supposed to get easier. But then as I am moving I havent had any rest/relaxation time all week, was busy decorating etc all day and evening Saturday, Sunday and Monday and been there every night after work until about 9pm when coming home for a shower and food before falling into bed. Maybe that is why it is hard, used all my energy up, I am moving tomorrow so another busy weekend. :confused:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Maybe you'd feel better running later in the day, I know I always seem to run better in the evening rather that in the morning.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I dont think I would do it n the evening, when I come out of work I never want to go anywhere apart from home. I used to go to the gym in the evening but gave up cos just kept on finding excuses not to go. I like going in the morning when it is quiet and there are not many people around, and I am happy to get up earlier to do it, I just find it such hard work.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm sure it's just that you're completely worn out at the moment, that's why the running is such hard work. With all that decorating, cleaning, working, running, it's hardly surprising.

Looking back on my exercise diary, I realised that a week when I was finding the running really tough, including the one time I actually gave up on a run, was a week when I was worn out from other stuff.

Are you eating before your run? I know it's really early and you might not be able to face it, but even just a banana before you go out would help a lot with your energy levels.

Hope it all clicks back into place again soon, and good luck with the move :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi Bagpuddycat, no I havent been eating I get out of bed at 6am and go out of the door at 6.15, I supposed I could eat a banana, what I have been doing this week, is eating 3 lucozade glucose tablets, I thought they would help, but they havent. Maybe next week it will be easier once I settle down. I have been so busy this week, and been in work all day today, then working in the pub tonight, and getting up at 6 tomorrow to get organised for the move at 9am. I suppose I have been overdoing things lately, but should get back to normal soon, and at least I will have a garden from tomorrow to sit and relax in the lovely sunshine. :d

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I always find I run better later in the day due to the fact that I've been active all day and am loosened up by then.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts