Runners Forum banner

Help!

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  twinkle toes 
#1 ·
Just before I go out to the sunshine: Ok, so I did the rather silly thing of getting my tongue pierced at the weekend... so solid food is kind of out for a while... problem is, I haven't eaten anything solid since saturday morning, and when I went on my run and cycle on monday it was sooooo tough because I just didn't have any energy. I've been making smoothies with bran flakes, honey, peanut butter, bananas, raspberry yoghurt and red top milk and dried cherries, all crammed in to try and up the energy... but my body isn't used to it at all!! I still can't eat anything solid though and i've got a tempo run planned for tomorrow, nowt too long, 5 miles with 3 miles at 8:16 minute miles, but even so... right now I'm feeling really tired and the thought of it makes me wanna curl up in a ball and cry hahaha... I need some way of getting liquid nurishment A for energy and B for recovery - anyone got any suggestions? I know this isn't ideal at all, but obviously I don't normally live on a liquid diet, normally I have plenty of wholemeal breads and pastas that keep me going... so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because smoothies, and soup with soggy bread in, is just not cutting it!!

#2 ·
Make your normal meal and throw it in to a blender :)

Sorry, probably not that helpful. I watched a mate get his tongue pierced and that put me off the idea :) Got my ear pierced instead but that didnt work out too well either so got it removed not long after. It was one of those bars through the top of my ear....I liked it, my body didnt.....

Good luck with your run, hopefully you will be able to take solids again soon. How long do they say you have to wait?

O.

#3 ·
lol that was going to be my response Owain... just chuck a meal in a blender :lol:

I would have a google for smoothies, and just have lots of them! I used to buy Mens Health mag, which was always full of ideas for shakes and smoothies, so maybe worth checking out their site? And I'm sure you can probably have a good perv too...

#4 ·
Heh, I like that idea richard ;) But the problem is smoothies have loads of calories, they don't fill you up and don't really give you enough energy for the day, so having loads of them is likely to make me fat!! Bad! They said it could take a week, and I've just attempted to eat a bit of bread, it wasn't too bad, still hurts a bit though, but I don't want to irritate it, I want it to heal properly, even if that means waiting a bit longer.

#8 ·
LOL :lol:

O. you are going to get a reputation for being the forum trumper.

We will have to call you "The Well Known Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old Scotland Town" don't know your town so had to be generic with Scotland, sorry.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm not going to explain the reasons for MOST people getting tongue piercings, I will neither confirm or deny whether that's one of the reasons why I got my tongue done... but I have a few piercings, including my lip, I think it's just because I'm orally fixated and like playing with things in my mouth hahahaha, sounds dodgy as hell, but I chew on my cheeks and stuff a lot, so maybe this will stop that.

Anyway, I have nothing against needles, which is what stops a lot of people from getting it. Plus tongue piercings are one of those things that A no one can see anyway, and B when I wanna take it out then it'll probably heal up completely within days, even if I've had it in for years. SO really, for a bit of orally fixated fun, it seems worth it hahaha. I certainly don't get people, especially girls, who get like everything pierced though. There is a line where it doesn't look good at all. Having said that, it took a lot of my friends a good long while to even notice I've got my lip done... surprisingly subtle hehehe.

(Also, did I mention that I got it done on a whim because I had 45 mins spare in town waiting for my friend and his dad? LOL!! Everyone I know wouldn't really bat an eyelid and I know my parents obviously don't care, so there's really nothing stopping me doing things like this on a whim heh).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.