Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect many of you have had the London Marathon mag land on the door mat once again by now... who's going to be entering it this year then?

I still have a qualifying GFA time from a marathon I did in March 2006, so I'll take that route

Then I'll worry about how much I'm able to train :confused:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
After all the looney tunes jokes I make about people who run marathons, because quite frankly it would scare the life out of me doing the training. Somehow and I am still not sure how this has happened but my name, address etc has wound up on a form and gone in the post... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well you have already done a few and have 3 lined up for next year (good luck with those by the way), you are more mentaler than me (mentaler is not a real word but I liked the sound of it) :d

·
Registered
813 Posts
twinkle toes said:
I am attempting to join ranks with the clinically insane :p

Good on you TT and LJ, you have more courage than I have, or are 'mentaller'!

Good luck with the training.

BP

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I never learn. so I've posted my application off.:d

If running a marathon makes you one of the more mentaler people.

then I like being in the mentaler people club.:d

·
Registered
131 Posts
Question for all you mentaler people...

I think I might like to do FLM one day but probably not til youngest starts school. He is 2 now, so thats 3 years away BUT should I start applying now so I can build up my rejections ready for a 5 strikes and you're in? But then, what if I was successful at getting a place?!?! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GoSlow said:
Question for all you mentaler people...

I think I might like to do FLM one day but probably not til youngest starts school. He is 2 now, so thats 3 years away BUT should I start applying now so I can build up my rejections ready for a 5 strikes and you're in? But then, what if I was successful at getting a place?!?! :embarrassed:

Most definitely! It's very rare that you get in on first application, because there are relatively few ballot places. The majority of places are allocated to various places, charities, GFA's, championship, running clubs, celebrity etc etc

Even if you are lucky to get in on second application, you can defer for a year...so that would be 2010.

So my advice is get your application in this year ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Plus you will have had a couple of years at least to get good regular mileage in your legs, which should hopefully prepare you best for marathon training. :eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chicken Runner... try for a charity place, you have to raise a certain amount for a guaranteed entry. Alternatively, can you get a Good For Age qualifying time?

I've just had an FLM newletter and they are trialing online entry! Although I don't think you stand any better chance entering online or via post through the ballot.

Have a look http://www.london-marathon.co.uk/site/?pageID=3

1 - 20 of 178 Posts